Wednesday, February 25, 2009

E-portfolio step 2


What? No name?!?
Originally uploaded by Gene Hunt
With the Digifolios evo workshop still ringing in my ears, I was thinking of my step 2 towards e-portfolio (about time after successfully completing week 1 task 4 weeks later ;-)).
I had a look at my blogging places - there are many more than I need considering I write an occasional blog post here and there. I decided to rename 2 of them. My blog has to have a name that means something to me. I happened not to think much when opening some of my blogs (did it as a workshop task, part of a project...) and it's a shame. I could forget now about these poorly named sleeping blogs, see many people do that, but I kind of like to keep my stuff, repurpose it if necessary, but not delete it or leave it forgotten out there.
When I opened my first blog, I named it cyberattic after thinking a bit - my grandma's attic was one of my childhood's favourite exploratory hideouts. It is long gone now, and I don't have a single picture of it. :-( So I like this name, makes me feel comfortable.
This blog is my number 2, obviously named similarly to number 1, but this time after a place in my home - cyberkitchen. Like it too.
I am therefore extending this kind of nomenclature to the other previously poorly named places I occupy too - my classblog and a wordpress blog opened at last year's EVO for the purposes of the SMiELT workshop. From today on Cybermill and cybergarden. Now these blogs sound more like one family and I'm happier about them.
Step 3? Rounding up all my cyberspots, like Flickr, YouTube, Twitter, FB, Nings, wikis etc. trying Netvibes as my cyberhub. That's how I'm going to call it - Saša's Cyberhub. No more empty names.

3 comments:

Natasa said...

Saša,

I really like the names you have chosen. I wish I had named my blog better. At the time it didn't seem to matter, but it does now.
There are some great posts here and I am sorry I haven't visited your blog before. My mistake and I intend to correct it in the future:)

Natasa

Saša said...

Ahoj, Nataša,
Thanks! It was only after I had thought a bit about what makes me like some places more than others that I realized names count too. Your 31 Day Challenge got me thinking. So.. another 'thanks' to you.

Stained Glass Santa Monica said...

Great reeading